Greenway AS was founded by Kai Bogen in 2006. The company’s investment base was the value created by Mr. Bogen through his 20 year tenure at Q-free ASA, a company that under Mr. Bogen’s leadership became world leader within road user charging and advanced transportation management Q-free ASA
Greenway has a relatively open investment philosophy with a traditional approach to investments within technology, industry and shipping and a more opportunistic approach to other segments.
- Greenway’s focus on technology and industry is predicated upon the core competence, experience and network of the company’s founder Mr. Bogen, as well as the presence of world renowned technologically oriented academic and R&D-focused institutions in Trondheim like the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, and Northern Europe’s largest independent research institution Sintef.
- Greenway’s focus on shipping focus is predicated upon the strength of local shipping cluster in Trondheim (& Norway in general)
- In other segments Greenway will be looking for active ownership, controlling stakes and strong management teams. In such setting Greenway can be open minded with regards to industry and investment phase.
In general Greenway is looking to:
- Invest in companies and ideas with international potential or distinct competitive advantages in domestic markets
- Contribute through active ownership, equity investments and advice on financing
- Partner with motivated co-investors and employees sharing our view on business development and value creation
- Capitalize on knowledge, experience and network of its owners and investment professionals